Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 78 ( 142.7 TT, 67.8 MET )

I passed the instrument check ride today! I feel like a giant rock fell off my shoulders. I don't know why I stress out over these check rides so much, sometimes I think my hair will start turning white. The ride was with Max Krull, and he is a great examiner. The oral was about 2hrs, flight about 1.5hrs. Compared to McColgan (see Day 38 below), he is what a good examiner should be. I don't feel like I got an easy pass, we covered most of the key knowledge areas, and at the same time he actually taught me a few things. On wednesday I'm flying back to Denver for Christmas, and boy I miss snow! Finally I will get to see my family and maybe even get some skiing in. Below are a few shots of my recent flights:




Above is a picture of Venice, Florida, which has water canals running between houses and entire neighborhoods - just like the real Venice in Italy!








Above are pictures of flight on top of a cloud layer and then in between two layers. Now I will move on to my time building stage, which is said to be the funnest part of this whole program.

To everyone reading this blog, Merry Christmas!



1 comment: